Industries We Serve
Retail & Consumer
Retail and Consumer companies continue to face fast-moving and disruptive change. We at MorganFranklin Consulting can help you modernize your technology and data environments, transform your finance and accounting organizations, and respond to evolving customer preferences.
Our people deliver industry leading practices and insights with a “roll up your sleeves” mentality to help you overcome challenges and seize opportunities. We recruit from the Big 4 and industry leaders, which means you can expect our people to bring you cutting edge strategies based on our direct experience in the Retail and Consumer industry.
Our team of experts share industry trends, tips and insights.
Learn how we were able to help our clients solve complex transformational challenges.
Our Retail & Consumer Industry Expertise
Whether through the supply chain, marketing or sales organization, our Finance Transformation services empower CFO’s, Controllers, and Treasurers to maximize the value of their own organizations to the larger business. We help Finance leaders at Retail and Consumer companies identify, prioritize, and implement initiatives that get better data in the hands of the business leaders, enabling improved decision making and efficiency.
- Digital Finance & Real Time Financial Reporting
- Finance Modernization Roadmap Development
- Planning, Budgeting, & Forecasting Enhancement
- Merchandise Financial Planning Process and Technology Enablement
- Balance Sheet Planning & Management
- Alignment of Management, Financial, and Other Reporting
We support Retail and Consumer companies facing major changes to the way they do business. Executives in today’s marketplace face continual changes to their supply chain and sales channels from new technologies, new competitors, changing customer expectations, and a rapidly evolving trade environment, among other factors. We help forward-thinking executives re-imagine the way they do business.
- Supply Chain Operations, including Demand Planning, Manufacturing Planning, Inventory Optimization and Replenishment Planning
- Merchandising, In-Store Planning, and Category Management
- Segmentation and Network Optimization Analysis
- Process & Organization Realignment
- Capital Markets (Funding, Hedging, and Cash Management)
- Change Management & Customer Experience Transformation Supp.
- Program Management Office Support
We support the innovations and investments our Retail and Consumer clients are making in their marketing, sales and supply chains. We work closely with our clients’ finance and technology functions to ensure they keep pace with advancing technologies (cloud, mobile, social media, big data, and analytics) and innovation accelerators (AI, IoT, Robotics, etc.).
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Corporate Performance Management (CPM)
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Supply Chain Planning Software Implementation
- Business Process Automation
- Private Cloud Hosting and Managed Services
Offering new products, promotions or services to new markets and customers creates complexity in revenue recognition accounting for Retail and Consumer companies. Successfully adopting new accounting standards is challenging and can strain the CFO and Controller’s resources. Our team combines Big 4 National Office experience with a practical delivery style to advise our clients on complex accounting issues and provide hands-on support in times of disruption.
- Revenue recognition matters, including customer loyalty
- New Leasing Standard Implementation
- Current Expected Credit Loss (CECL) Implementation
- Audit Readiness and Remediation
- Internal Control Design and Assessment
- SEC Reporting and Restatements
Deals in the Retail and Consumer industry are focused on building market share, reaching new customers, and spurring innovation. We support our clients through every stage of the M&A lifecycle, enabling them to manage risk and drive value.
- Due Diligence: Financial, Operational, and Technology
- Deal Structure & Purchase Agreement Strategy
- Purchase Accounting and Valuation
- Integration Management Office Support
- Legal Day 1 (LD1) Regulatory and Management Reporting
- LD1 Planning and Execution
- Design, Implement, and Exit Transition Services Agreements (TSAs)
- Combine Technology Systems and Operations
- Design/Execute System and Data Conversion Strategies
Retail and Consumer companies are often challenged by their own legacy IT systems and databases, which constrain the finance, sales and supply chain organizations from getting better information faster. Our CIO Advisory services provide a comprehensive approach to solving your most critical IT challenges. We collaborate with you to ensure your technology strategy aligns with business goals to more readily deliver results that impact the bottom-line. By providing critical leadership throughout the process, we craft a tailored roadmap that safeguards assets, reduces process inefficiencies, and optimizes resources and talent.
- IT Leadership Services
- IT Strategy & Planning
- Software Selection
- IT Transformation
- IT Assessment & Roadmapping
- Benchmarking Assessment
A breach of customer data is one of the single biggest threats to the reputation of any Retail and Consumer company. Our Cybersecurity team is ready to implement security capabilities to guard against threats and monitor the technology and tools that enable 24/7 protection. We work with some of the world’s largest companies to deploy Cyber frameworks, incident monitoring, and L1 incident response.
- Strategy, Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC)
- Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Managed Security Services – Cyber Fusion Center
- Cybersecurity Operations
- Application Security
- Incident Response & Risk Intelligence
New products, promotions and services, along with new customer facing technologies, are critical to the growth of Retail and Consumer companies. This “newness” also creates risk, which means risk management is more important now than ever. We work with Retail and Consumer companies to understand, manage, and mitigate risks across their enterprise.
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Information Risk Management
- Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance
- Internal Controls Assessment and Optimization
- Internal Audit Outsourcing/Co-sourcing
Record levels of capital deploy have resulted in Private Equity Firms aggressively moving into all areas of the market, with a focus on investing in innovative consumer brands and retail concepts. The market is assigning lofty valuations that can be highly volatile; this is requiring a renewed focus on growing the underlying value of a company. We help Private Equity Partners and Portfolio Company Executives build sustainable operations that enable growth.
- Building Scalable Operations
- Add-on Transaction Support
- Buy and Sell-side Diligence & Close Support
- Technology Assessment and Implementation (i.e. ERP, EPM, etc.)
- CIO Advisory Support (i.e. Infrastructure, Cybersecurity, etc.
The road to becoming a public company is particularly challenging for Retail and Consumer companies because their brand and customer reputation is front and center. We take a holistic approach to IPO readiness and prepare our clients not only for their filing, but also for life as a newly public company. We start by conducting an end-to-end IPO Readiness assessment and building an IPO roadmap. We partner with executives through the entire process, from hiring an underwriter through to your first public company filings and beyond.
- Assessing IPO Readiness and Developing an IPO Roadmap
- Documenting Key Policies and Procedures (i.e. Revenue, Inventory, Leasing, etc.)
- Preparing SEC Filings and Disclosures
- Becoming Compliant with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Undergoing a PCAOB Compliant Audit
- Preparing a Finance Function (Reducing Close Times, Standing up FP&A, Modernizing your ERP, etc.)
- Implementing External Reporting Capabilities
We help Retail and Consumer companies better understand, manage, and analyze their data to deliver actionable insight in response to new market opportunities and consumer trends. We are at the leading edge of leveraging the power of Data & Analytics to drive success. Our teams can help you manage and govern enterprise data and build the tools and processes to deliver consumer focused insights.
- Data Architecture and Engineering
- Enterprise Data Governance
- Data and Metadata Management
- Data Visualization and Business Intelligence
- Machine Learning * Predictive Analytics
- Business Planning as a Service (BPaaS)