The aerospace company was acquired by a private equity firm and faced challenges as a result of the growth initiatives. The company was unable to provide corporate sponsors with key information and complete the first-year audit. Challenges faced included:
- Outdated transactional processing system
- Immature FP&A and reporting processes
- Separate standalone businesses
- Immature application and technology infrastructure
MorganFranklin focused on delivering services to improve the company’s IT landscape. The following services were key aspects of the project:
- Interim CIO services
- ERP (SyteLine) implementation project management
- IT roadmap, including key infrastructure upgrade
The services provided enabled the aerospace company to achieve the following objectives:
- FP&A effectiveness. MorganFranklin consultants worked with client to ensure that its finance and accounting functions were fully developed, and critical finance and accounting deadlines were met.
- IT infrastructure improvement. MorganFranklin’s team enhanced the company’s IT infrastructure, including key aspects of the network and application architecture, enabling the IT function to meet its strategic objectives.
- ERP implementation. MorganFranklin consultants ensured that the company-wide ERP implementation was successfully completed, enabling the company to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of its operations.
- Financial reporting process acceleration. MorganFranklin established reporting in the newly implemented ERP system, and manually developed a monthly reporting package to streamline the reporting process. This allowed management to efficiently produce and report key information on a monthly basis.