An aerospace division is a manufacturing facility specializing in machined parts for the gas turbine aircraft engine and power generation industries. The company’s products are found on virtually every commercial and military aircraft operated in the United States and numerous other fleets worldwide. The company needed assistance implementing an ERP system, upgrading its IT infrastructure, and increasing the timeliness of the financial reporting process in response to the acquisition and growth of the company.
- IT Leadership Services
- IT Strategy & Planning
- ERP Implementation
- Project Management
- Financial Reporting Process Acceleration
The aerospace company was acquired by a private equity firm and faced challenges as a result of the growth initiatives. The company was unable to provide corporate sponsors with key information and complete the first-year audit. Challenges faced included:
- Outdated transactional processing system
- Immature FP&A and reporting processes
- Separate standalone businesses
- Immature application and technology infrastructure
MorganFranklin focused on delivering services to improve the company’s IT landscape. The following services were key aspects of the project:
- Interim CIO services
- ERP (SyteLine) implementation project management
- IT roadmap, including key infrastructure upgrade
The services provided enabled the aerospace company to achieve the following objectives:
- FP&A effectiveness. MorganFranklin consultants worked with client to ensure that its finance and accounting functions were fully developed, and critical finance and accounting deadlines were met.
- IT infrastructure improvement. MorganFranklin’s team enhanced the company’s IT infrastructure, including key aspects of the network and application architecture, enabling the IT function to meet its strategic objectives.
- ERP implementation. MorganFranklin consultants ensured that the company-wide ERP implementation was successfully completed, enabling the company to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of its operations.
- Financial reporting process acceleration. MorganFranklin established reporting in the newly implemented ERP system, and manually developed a monthly reporting package to streamline the reporting process. This allowed management to efficiently produce and report key information on a monthly basis.