Providing Hands-On, Tactical Support for Buyers and Sellers Throughout the M&A Lifecycle.
In a deal environment driven by positive global growth, US tax reform, technological disruption, and increased competition between active strategic and financial buyers, the mergers and acquisitions (M&A) market shows no signs of slowing down. Achieving acquisition and divestiture goals in today’s market requires sharp focus on finding the right deal and having sufficient information to negotiate a fair price, all while concurrently implementing an optimized integration strategy. M&A leaders recognize that the accelerated pace of today’s transactions often requires working alongside advisors who bring the necessary experience, financial expertise and operational agility to help them realize their desired strategy and maximize the intended transaction value.
Whether conducting due diligence, performing a valuation exercise, or operationalizing an integration or a divestiture, the planning and execution around all deals require a wide breadth of skills throughout the deal lifecycle to address the unique challenges that drive value creation.
Successful deal execution incorporates the value drivers underpinning a deal in every stage of the M&A process, from diligence to integration, from purchase to divestiture. To be additive to this process, advisors must quickly develop a deep-seated knowledge of a client’s business and understanding of the value creation thesis, as well as possess the relevant cross functional expertise.
The MorganFranklin Way™
At MorganFranklin, we know that each deal is different, and one size does not fit all. Our experienced professionals drive all aspects of a deal and work with your team to create a tailored approach that considers the unique aspects of each transaction. Our approach is pragmatic and hands-on, focusing on your investment thesis, capturing the intended value of the transaction.
We create and capture value throughout the M&A lifecycle – from due diligence, to valuation, to integration or divestiture execution –all with minimal disruption to the core business.
Our cross-functional delivery teams work seamlessly across solution lines, providing the right team of experts who consistently exceed the needs and expectations of our clients. We are objective, independent advisors who are unburdened by independence restrictions and territorial politics. Our team of M&A practitioners have the necessary financial expertise, as well as cross functional operational agility to assist in every stage of the M&A lifecycle including:
- Buy and Sell Side Diligence
- Deal Strategy
- Quality of Earnings (Q of E) Analysis
- Working Capital Analysis
- Buyer and Seller Risk Identification
- Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Value Proposition Verification
- Synergy Identification
- Resource Evaluation and Augmentation
- Transaction Support
- Transaction Structuring (including Technical Accounting)
- Project Management
- Integration Readiness Planning
- Opportunity, Exposure and Risk Identification and Capture
- Business Combination Accounting
- Compliance Requirements
- Lender Financing Enterprise Valuations
- Transaction Pricing
- Business Modeling and Forecasting
- Purchase Price Allocation – Financial Reporting / Tax
- Annual Goodwill Impairment Testing
- M&A Integration and Divestiture Execution
- Integration Management Office
- Separation Management Office
- Day 1, Day 100, and Day 100+ Planning
- Cross Functional Integration
- Synergy Development, Tracking and Realization
- Transition Service Agreement Development and Management
- Organization Redesign
- Change, Culture and Communications Management