Our Technology, Media and Telecom Expertise
Technology, media and telecom companies face a complex and rapidly changing environment that necessitates informed decision-making and rapid execution. This environment creates constant pressure to scale operations and prepare for major transactions (i.e. capital raises, M&A, IPO), while mitigating risk and establishing effective governance. MorganFranklin provides cross-functional industry expertise, while delivering leading practices and insights to help technology clients overcome business challenges and seize opportunities. We partner with clients by understanding their overall business strategies and adopting a “roll up your sleeves” approach on execution and delivery of our solutions. Our consultants consist of former Big 4 and industry leaders who bring proven strategies and expertise on the forefront of the industry. We help elevate and educate our client’s to successfully face the challenges of a disruptive industry.
MorganFranklin leverages a cross-functional approach and brings the right mix of transformation expertise from a strategy, process, data, and technology perspective to reimagine the way our technology, media and telecom clients do business today. Our seasoned professionals with experience across key industries can help you develop innovative solutions that address the following areas.
- Growth enablement
- Business process improvement
- Regulatory change and adoption
- Change management
- Data-driven decision making
Our Finance Transformation services empower companies to maximize the value of their own organizations to the larger business. We help Finance leaders at technology, media and telecom companies scale, stabilize, identify, prioritize, and implement initiatives that get better data in the hands of the business leaders, enabling improved decision making with more streamlined processes for an efficient way of maximizing value.
- Digital Finance & Real Time Financial Reporting
- Finance Modernization Roadmap Development
- Planning, Budgeting, & Forecasting Enhancement
- R&D / Project Roadmap optimization for ROI
- Balance Sheet Planning & Management
- Alignment of Management, Financial, and Other Reporting
The road to becoming a public company is particularly challenging for technology, media and telecom companies because their brand and customer reputation is front and center. This is a significant transformation. We take a holistic approach to IPO readiness and prepare our clients not only for their filing, but also for life as a newly public company. We start by conducting an end-to-end IPO Readiness assessment while building an IPO roadmap. We partner with executives through the entire process, from hiring an underwriter through to your first public company filings and beyond.
- Assessing IPO Readiness and Developing an IPO Roadmap
- Documenting Key Policies and Procedures (i.e. Revenue, Capitalized Software, Equity, etc.)
- Preparing SEC Filings and Disclosures
- Becoming Compliant with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Undergoing a PCAOB Compliant Audit
- Preparing a Finance Function (Reducing Close Times, Standing up FP&A, Modernizing your ERP, etc.)
- Implementing External Reporting Capabilities
New products, promotions and services, along with new customer facing technologies, are critical to the growth of technology, media and telecom companies. This “newness” also creates risk, which means risk management is more important now than ever. We work with Technology companies to understand, manage, and mitigate risks across their enterprise.
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Information Risk Management
- Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance
- Internal Controls Assessment and Optimization
- Internal Audit Outsourcing/Co-sourcing
A breach of customer data is one of the single biggest threats to the reputation of any technology, media and telecom company. Our Cybersecurity team is ready to implement security capabilities to guard against threats and monitor the technology and tools that enable 24/7 protection. We work with some of the world’s largest companies to deploy Cyber frameworks, incident monitoring, and L1 incident response.
- Strategy, Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC)
- Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Managed Security Services – Cyber Fusion Center
- Cybersecurity Operations
- Application Security
- Incident Response & Risk Intelligence
Technology, media and telecom companies are often challenged by their own legacy IT systems and databases, which constrain the finance, sales and supply chain organizations from getting better information faster. Our CIO Advisory services provide a comprehensive approach to solving your most critical IT challenges. We collaborate with you to ensure your technology strategy aligns with business goals to more readily deliver results that impact the bottom-line. By providing critical leadership throughout the process, we craft a tailored roadmap that safeguards assets, reduces process inefficiencies, and optimizes resources and talent.
- IT Readiness & Optimization
- IT Leadership Services
- IT Strategy & Planning
- Vendor Software Selection
- IT Transformation
- IT Assessment & Roadmap
- Benchmarking Assessment
Deals in the technology, media and telecom industry are focused on building market share, reaching new customers, and spurring innovation. We support our clients through every stage of the M&A lifecycle, enabling them to manage risk and drive value.
- Due Diligence: Financial, Operational, and Technology
- Deal Structure & Purchase Agreement Strategy
- Purchase Accounting and Valuation
- Integration Management Office Support
- Design, Implement, and Exit Transition Services Agreements (TSAs)
- Combine Technology Systems and Operations
- Design/Execute System and Data Conversion Strategies
Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting
Offering new services and products, software development contracts with support services and complex third-party distributor relationships create complex technical accounting and financial reporting challenges. Successfully adopting new accounting standards as well as interpreting existing standards creates challenges and can strain the CFO and Controller’s resources. Our team combines Big 4 National Office experience with a practical delivery style to advise our clients on complex accounting issues and provide hands-on support in times of disruption. Below are some of the key services which we provide:
- Revenue recognition matters, including hybrid type arrangements
- Principal vs. Agent in revenue arrangements (Gross vs Net Reporting)
- New Leasing Standard Implementation
- Current Expected Credit Loss (CECL) Implementation
- Debt vs Equity
- Audit Readiness and Remediation
- Financial Restatements
- Internal Control Design and Assessment
- SEC Reporting
- Spins off and Carve-outs
- Business Combinations and purchase accounting
- Goodwill Impairment & Valuation Services
Enterprise & Cloud Applications
We support the innovations and investments our technology, media and telecom clients are making. We work closely with our clients’ finance and technology functions to ensure they are IT ready and are able to keep pace with advancing technologies (cloud, mobile, social media, big data, and analytics) and innovation accelerators (AI, IoT, Robotics, etc.).
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Corporate Performance Management (CPM)
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Business Process Automation
- Private Cloud Hosting and Managed Services
Data & Analytics
We help technology, media and telecom companies better understand, manage, and analyze their data to deliver actionable insight in response to new market opportunities and technology consumption trends. We are at the leading edge of leveraging the power of Data & Analytics to drive success. Our teams can help you manage and govern enterprise data and build the tools and processes to deliver focused insights.
- Data Architecture and Engineering
- Enterprise Data Governance
- Data and Metadata Management
- Data Visualization and Business Intelligence
- Machine Learning * Predictive Analytics
- Business Intelligence