We help pre-IPO companies prioritize efforts, improve financial reporting and compliance capabilities, and prepare registration statements. Throughout the IPO process, we provide continuous technical accounting and financial reporting advice, address timely reporting requirements, and provide continued support while adhering to each client's timeline for going public.
Acting as an extension of clients' accounting and financial reporting departments, we compile quarterly and interim financial statements and advise on technical accounting issues and Regulation S-X reporting requirements. We draft sections within the S-1, including historical financials, Management's Discussion and Analysis (MD&A), financial statements, and footnote disclosures. In addition, we help prepare for and manage the entire external audit process for the IPO. We also develop Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) readiness plans that enable clients to meet compliance requirements with minimal financial and operational burden.
"We were thrilled with the work that MorganFranklin delivered during our IPO process. They were a critical partner that helped us run a very successful IPO process on a tight time frame. The team was diligent, hardworking, and added great value as advisors throughout the entire process. Though we had high expectations going into the relationship, the MorganFranklin team still clearly exceeded our expectations. We are excited to continue to work with MorganFranklin as we grow our business."
Michael B. Avon
Executive Vice President and CFO, Millennial Media
- Provide turnkey support for capital raise transactions
- Provide project management support, including liaising with auditors, underwriters, and counsel
- Prepare "SAS 100 Ready" interim financial results for all applicable interim periods
- Assist with registration statement preparation
- Ensure compliance with Regulation S-X and S-K requirements
- Research and document complex technical accounting issues
- Assist external auditors during comfort process
- Assist with responding to SEC inquiries
- Design and implement Year 1 SOX compliance programs
- Assist with management's evaluation of internal controls over financial reporting
- Prepare post-IPO SEC reporting requirements, including annual 10-K and quarterly 10-Q forms
- Develop and implement policies and procedures
Impact & Value
- Reduce time spent on IPO-related projects to let internal resources focus on the business
- Strengthen existing financial reporting infrastructure to support public company operations
- Build investor confidence in the ability to operate as a public company
- Complete SEC filings in a timely manner
What Every Company Needs to Know Before Ringing the Bell
How to Manage People Risks During Integrations
Ensuring Loss of Resources Does Not Equal Loss of Knowledge
Submit a request for proposal.