The TARC meets the needs of clients and key stakeholders by delivering technical accounting assistance when in-house capabilities are limited. Our team of former Big Four accountants have significant experience researching and documenting complex technical accounting issues. Our subject matter experts serve all industries and entities by applying guidance issued by the FASB, IASB, AICPA, SEC, and other authoritative bodies.
MorganFranklin alleviates the pressures on finance and accounting teams by acting as an extension of the team to tackle complex accounting and financial reporting challenges. We combine technical accounting expertise with an ability to blend seamlessly into client organizations to make a significant impact quickly. Our professionals bring the necessary accounting qualifications and the experience to provide an unbiased analysis in a manner that external auditors understand easily. We often find ourselves articulating clients’ positions with their external auditors. This translates into our clients experiencing lower external auditor fees and external auditors having more confidence in their clients’ financial statements.
We also provide periodic briefings on accounting pronouncements that affect businesses, and we offer in-house CPE training covering current and complex U.S. GAAP issues.
"We pride ourselves in working closely with management to understand the company, the business, and the accounting issue. We work tirelessly to get the right answer quickly and as painlessly as possible."
—Dee Mirando-Gould, Executive Director, Technical Accounting Resource Center
Why MorganFranklin Consulting?
Experienced Big Four Professionals
Our subject matter experts have the qualifications, experience, credentials, and expertise to analyze complex technical accounting issues and Regulation S-X reporting requirements.
Unencumbered by Regulatory Restrictions
External auditors are limited in the services that they can provide to audit clients to maintain independence, specifically in relation to analyzing technical accounting issues. We are unencumbered by regulatory restrictions.
Rapid Deployment with Expertise on Demand
The TARC provides clients with timely expertise allowing for minimal disruption to day-to-day operations. Clients can focus on other priorities and operating the business while getting the benefit of minimal learning curve on specific complex technical accounting topics.
The stress of navigating rules and staying current with accounting pronouncements can lead to an incorrect conclusion, inefficient reporting practices, compliance risks, and staff burnout. Our team of professionals are current with accounting pronouncements and can help your team understand a new pronouncement through periodic briefings and in-house CPE training.
Expertise That Provides Significant Breadth and Depth:
- Research and document complex technical accounting issues
- Apply U.S. GAAP, SEC Rules and Regulations and IFRS
- Navigate new accounting rule implementation and adoption
- Identify optimal accounting treatment for ‘grey’ areas
- Provide associated disclosures
- Assess accounting impact of a business transaction or decision before it’s finalized to ensure the company understands implications
- Assist in structuring transactions in-line with the company’s strategy
- Resolve technical accounting issues with auditors, SEC, or other relevant parties
- Work independently with client’s auditor’s National Office
- Leverage best practices from client to client
- Leverage developed resource tools and templates (stock based compensation model, lease questionnaire, revenue recognition template)
- Analyze contracts
- Offer in-house CPE training
Impact & Value
- Increase confidence by ensuring compliance with accounting and reporting requirements
- Minimize disruption to day-to-day accounting operations
- Provide unbiased analysis
- Reduce external audit fees
- Minimize risk of ineffective interaction with external auditors
- Prevent independence conflicts
- Prevent costly transaction surprises
- Mitigate risk
- Free up internal resources for other priorities
- Use internal and external resources effectively
- Deliver highly responsive client service
- Increase confidence external auditors have with company financial statements
An Overview of ASU No.2014-09
Accounting Standards Update No. 2016-02, Leases (Topic 842)
Our Technical Accounting Resource Center: Expertise on Demand
What Every Company Needs to Know Before Ringing the Bell
Download the Executive Summary
Are you asking the right questions?
Download Core Confidence VOL 1: The Transformation Issue