MorganFranklin helps pre-IPO companies prioritize efforts, prepare registration statements, and improve financial reporting and compliance capabilities. Throughout the IPO process, we provide technical accounting and financial reporting advice. We meet timely reporting requirements and deliver continued advice and support while adhering to each client's timeline for going public.
Acting as an extension of accounting and financial reporting departments, we compile quarterly and interim financial statements and advise on technical accounting issues and Regulation S-X reporting requirements. We draft sections within the S-1, including Management's Discussion and Analysis (MD&A), financial statements, and footnote disclosures. Our teams also help manage the entire external audit process for IPOs and develop Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) readiness plans, enabling clients to meet compliance requirements with minimal financial and operational burden.
"In navigating the IPO process, I saw a new role evolve that became invaluable to our team. MorganFranklin filled this new seat at the table, bringing the technical expertise and 'get-it-done' attitude required to focus on priorities and respond efficiently to the many requirements from the lawyers, bankers, auditors, and tax accountants. With all of the moving parts that come with preparing for an IPO, it was critical to have this partner enabling the puzzle pieces to come together."
- Provide turnkey support for capital raise transactions
- Deliver project management support, including liaising with auditors, underwriters, and counsel
- Complete SAS 100 reviews and prepare financial results
- Assist with registration statement preparation
- Ensure compliance with Regulation S-X and S-K requirements
- Research and document complex technical accounting issues
- Assist external auditors during comfort letter and SEC inquiry response process
- Design and implement Year 1 SOX compliance programs
- Assist with management's evaluation of internal controls over financial reporting
- Prepare post-IPO SEC reporting requirements, including annual 10-K and quarterly 10-Q forms
Impact & Value
- Reduce time spent on IPO-related projects
- Free up internal resources for other priorities
- Strengthen existing financial reporting infrastructure to support public company operations
- Build investor confidence in ability to operate as public company
- Complete SEC filings in a timely manner
Related Case Studies
What Every Company Needs to Know Before Ringing the Bell
Download Core Confidence VOL 1: The Transformation Issue
Download the Executive Summary
Submit a request for proposal.