Tom Roland is responsible for practice development and client service delivery in MorganFranklin's Strategy, Finance & Operations (SF&O) solution offering. SF&O primarily supports multinational organizations and the related operational challenges that come with that complexity. Over the past 10 years, Tom has led engagements in more than 40 countries and delivered services across all of MorganFranklin's solutions, supporting large enterprise clients, complex global engagements, rapid growth companies, and public sector-oriented organizations.
With almost 20 years of professional experience, Tom’s core expertise and background are in finance and accounting, with a focus on management reporting, process design and improvement, and finance close optimization and acceleration. Through his years of client service experience, he has aided clients who seek to improve the relationship between finance and operations as well as the alignment of finance focus to the needs of the business or organization to drive effective use of data and information to inform better decision making. Tom also possesses extensive knowledge of legal entity structure simplifications, setup and execution of international trading models, and related jurisdictional compliance matters.
Prior to joining MorganFranklin, Tom served as a senior analyst and project manager at Concert Communications focused on material weakness remediation, carve-outs, and audit-related challenges. Previously, he worked at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP in the firm's assurance and advisory practice.
"One aspect that I really enjoy about my job is being at the center of complicated issues, trying to figure them out and create solutions that others can understand and implement. Often I find myself breaking down complex issues and explaining the pieces to elicit input and create solutions for my company and clients. With every new challenge comes a new opportunity."
- Strategic Planning & Execution
- Management & External Reporting
- Finance Transformation
- Revenue Recognition
- Technical Accounting (U.S. GAAP & IFRS)
- Operating Models & Shared Services
- Legal Entity Accounting, Trading & Rationalization
- SEC & IFRS Reporting
- Government Contracting & Services
- Financial Services
- Construction & Engineering
- Media & Entertainment
- The Analytics Hub: Leveraging a Shared Services Model to Unlock Big Data
- Top 8 Reasons Why Transformations Fail
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland | Last Word: Transparency & Governance for Complex Legal Entities
- Bachelor of Business Administration: Accountancy, University of Notre Dame
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Virginia