Phone: 703.564.7525 x2293
Tom Roland is responsible for practice development and client service delivery in MorganFranklin's Strategy, Finance & Operations solution offering, primarily supporting multinational organizations and related service delivery. Over the past 10 years, Tom has led engagements in more than 40 countries and delivered services across all of MorganFranklin's solutions, supporting large enterprise clients and complex global engagements.
With more than 16 years of professional experience, Tom has core expertise in legal entity management (LEM) and technical accounting and external reporting, as well as financial accounting, technical accounting research, and operational and financial process design and improvement. He has significant expertise in revenue recognition and the related management reporting and operational challenges associated with complex customer contracts or large-scale programs across a variety of industries. Tom also possesses extensive knowledge of legal entity structure simplifications, setup and execution of international trading models, and jurisdictional compliance matters.
Throughout his career, Tom has worked with a number of large organizations with substantial global operations. Prior to joining MorganFranklin, he served as a senior analyst and project manager at Concert Communications. Previously, he worked at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP in the firm's assurance and advisory practice.
"One aspect that I really enjoy about my job is being at the center of complicated issues, trying to figure them out and create solutions that others can understand and implement. Often I find myself breaking down complex issues and explaining the pieces to elicit input and create solutions for my company and clients. With every new challenge comes a new opportunity."
- Strategic Planning & Execution
- Management & External Reporting
- Finance Transformation
- Revenue Recognition
- Technical Accounting (U.S. GAAP & IFRS)
- Operating Models & Shared Services
- Legal Entity Accounting, Trading & Rationalization
- SEC & IFRS Reporting
- Government Contracting & Services
- Financial Services
- The Analytics Hub: Leveraging a Shared Services Model to Unlock Big Data
- Top 8 Reasons Why Transformations Fail
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland | Last Word: Transparency & Governance for Complex Legal Entities
- Why Organizations Are Still Struggling with Legal Entity Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration: Accountancy, University of Notre Dame
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Virginia